Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weddings, Babies, Growing Up, and epiphanies

What a day! I had the privilege to see a couple of my good good friends get married! Angela Austin married Mr. Matt Geib today in a beautiful ceremony. It was an awesome production and I know that they will live a life of bliss, love, and happiness.

But amongst the open bar, great barbecue, good friends, and good times I had an epiphany. Today, not only did my two friends tie the knot, but I realized that MANY of my friends are getting engaged; and some already having children. It made me begin to think about my life. I have never been one to want to get married any time soon. (I am excited about the day when that comes; but I know it is not soon.) But, I began to think, "Am I missing the proverbial boat?" To which the short answer I have come up with is "NO!"

I have chosen a different path-neither is better than the other, just different. I can't wait to find the woman I will spend the rest of my life with. I don't think I will know it is her upon first meeting as some say they do, but how crazy it is going to be when I know. I have been in Love before, but I cannot imagine the love I will feel for this woman!

Back to the epiphany-so I realized today, once again, that my life needs to be lived out with purpose and on purpose. God has laid many desires on my heart, and has made me who I am to glorify Him. I have to focus, and do what He will have me to do, before marraige. That could be 3 months worth of stuff, or 10 years worth of stuff. There is a time for everything-I am a firm believer of that! When the time comes, I am definitely excited about doing what God would have US (My wife and I) to do as well!

A little mantra that I have been trying to live by (adapted from my High School Bible Teacher Chris McElmurray) is Bloom where you are planted and prepare for tomorrow. Whatever tomorrow may bring. If you are ready for tomorrow and ready for the unexpected, you can't lose!

When the time is right, whenever that is, I will be ready. But, for now I am excited about living life to the fullest as a non-married guy!

No comments: