Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Battery Went Dead...

I am a firm believer that you form your life from small pieces of the people around you. It's funny how you start to hang around someone, and before too long, you end up talking, acting, or laughing just like them?! This can be a great thing when you surround yourself with people that are Great. When I surround myself around people like my Dad, my best friends, and people I respect, I don't mind at all taking a little piece of them and adding it to my life. It's kind of like the old saying, "you are what you eat!" I remember doing similes, idioms, and metaphors in elementary school and not understanding what that one meant!

I have had the awesome opportunity within the last year to meet some pretty cool people. Everybody always wants to meet famous people and I've had a little of that experience this year. As I look back on that, I've tried to take away the Great that they have and instill it in my life. The thing about famous people is that they are just like you and me, no different! So with this blog I'm going to list a few of the cool people that you may have heard of before that I have met...(and I admit, I wanted to brag...!)

Kelly McCorkle Parkison: Amazing Race 7. I can call her a good friend after working for her this year!
Alberto Gonzales: (Former) Attorney General of the United States.
George Hincapie: Professional Cyclist for Team Discovery.
Tim Reynolds: Best guitarist you will ever see/plays with Dave Matthews a good bit.
David James Elliot: Actor, notably on "JAG"
Kevin Costner: Actor.
John Elway: Hall of Fame Professional Football Player
Quite a few Reality TV Stars: Uchenna Agu, Joyce Agu, Chip and Kim, Ray and Deanna, Bianca, Susan and Patrick-From Amazing Race. Ruth Milliman-Survivor Exile Island.

Also within the last year or two I have gotten to see, not meet....
Sheryl Crow
Jay Leno
Kiera Knightley-
Pirates of the Caribbean
Charlize Theron- North Country, Monster, Italian Job
David Lettermen

Donny Osmond
Peter Pace-NATO General, Joint Chiefs of Staff
Tiger Woods
Gary Player

Wayne Gretzky
Cheech Marin, Gary Valentine, George Lopez, Catherine Bell, Josh Kelley, Ben Wright