Monday, September 3, 2007

Cyclism Sunday...in Greenville!


As you probably know...I am a big cycling fan. I love to ride, watch, and talk about cycling. Now, I know that some of you are probably laughing or questioning my choice of sports, but that's ok! I had someone (Debbie B) tell me this weekend that she would rather watch grass grow than pay attention to the world of cycling!

This weekend was a big weekend for US Cycling. Greenville hosted the US Pro Cycling Championships for the 2nd straight year...and it was awesome. This was the first time that I was able to witness a pro event and I have to tell you, I got chills when the riders flew past at speeds of 35-40mph. The ride consisted of an awesome sight-seeing trip of Greenville County. The Pros did three laps around Cleveland Park, 4 laps up the ungodly Paris Mountain, and then 3 more laps around Cleveland Park for a finish at Broad and Main for a total of 131 miles.

Levi Leipheimer took the win and beat out our man George Hincapie by a little over a minute. The race was a great experience and from our vantage point we were able to see the pros pass 10x. Ashley was even able to get a VIP pass and party like a rock star with George, Levi, and David Zabriskie after the race was over!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

JP! What great blogs... I will try and keep up what is going on with you through here. I am sooo glad we got to catch up but shame on both of us that we let it go that long! I hope to see you really soon up in the ATL!
Love ya!
Robin