Sunday, September 30, 2007

Two Weeks in the Big City!

What a couple of weeks! I have to start off by saying that I'm not in Kansas anymore...I'm in the ATL! Well, actually I'm in Cumming (North Atlanta), better known as Suburbia, USA. But it is good. It is definitely going to take some more getting used to, but I'm going to continue to do what I do!

Living Arrangements: I moved into the basement of Uncle Chuck and Aunt Rob's House when I moved to GA. It has worked out great so far. Some of you may know Aunt Rob as my running and Amazing Race buddy. They are a great family, and one that I am glad and proud to be a part of. I look at Uncle C and Aunt Rob and their love for one another is amazing. I strive to have that kind of love with my future wife. Living with a family is definitely different after living in an apartment and/or dorm for the last 4 years of my life. But it is fun to. My cousins Emily (15) and Zach (10) are great and needless to say, I'm quickly becoming an expert at Guitar Hero! (Shout out to Cait, other cousin, whose at NGU!)

Job: In the previous post I entitled my job "Dream Job" because it is exactly what I want to do during this season of my life. And after two weeks...I can honestly say that it is going great. I am learning a lot right now, and am carefully placed up under the wing of Ian and Janine. I get to work from home and the office is a very cool energetic atmosphere. I have a little desk, but from time to time, I take the MacBook out to the porch and sit outside and do my work. You really can't beat it! I think reality will set in when I'm in Africa for 20 days in November working 16+ hours a day! But that's what I'm working/waiting for! The staff has been really supportive of me as I am learning and Ian and Janine seem to give me a little more responsibility each day. When all is said in done, I think I am going to really like what I am doing.

Atlanta: For years I've heard people say, "You know, Augusta's traffic is getting to be just like Atlanta". Or, "Woodruff Road is turning into Atlanta". Over-exaggeration of the century. I learned this quickly. You can really waste a lifetime sitting in Atlanta traffic. For Example, I went to Greenville this weekend to visit friends, and figured that if I left by 3pm on Friday I would be fine. Wrong. The 30 minute trip to the Interstate took an Hour. You really have to plan your drives. But, it's a great town. I know where the Wal-Mart is and I know how to ride the MARTA...is there anything else?!?!

Friends: I have to admit, I miss G-vegas. And I miss the friendships. It'll probably take some time creating and establishing friendships, but I figured that, and am ready for it. I guess I have two options to meet people: the bar or church. I've chosen to go with church. I have been to a couple of Singles get-to-gethers at North Point and have actually just joined a small-group. A group where you "do life together" I'm excited, we will see how it goes. It is kind of weird being dumped into the "Singles" pile of people anywhere from 21-50s. It's fun watching the old guys trying to be smooth and pick up ladies.


That is all I have from the ATL for now...Hawks tickets just went on sale so I'm out of here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

JPPP! I am glad things are going well. We are going to hopefully be up sometime soon. I am going to give your name/number to some great friends of Brian's if that's alright...
Keep up the great work my friend! And tell Rob,Chuck, and fam I said hey!