Sunday, September 16, 2007

Goodbye...Sweet Greenville, SC

I told Dad on the way to Atlanta that it was funny how are conversations have begun to change. We no longer talk about mowing the grass and doing homework, but instead we talk about Mutual Funds and buying homes. Wow! Have I grown up that fast?!


So, Saturday September 15th was my move to Cumming, GA. I have to admit, I am pumped about the new and fresh opportunities, about my job, and about all the things to come, but I have to say...I'm really going to miss Greenville.

I really didn't fall in love with it until my Junior year at North Greenville Univ. Then, during the summer, I actually stayed in G-ville with Room aka Adam Blanton in a house on Wade Hampton. I worked part-time at The Cliffs Communities, hung out with my friends, started dating Ashley Austin, and discovered all that was Greenville. It was an amazing summer, no doubt about it!

I don't want to say that "I'm leaving Greenville behind" because I love it there. I would not mind even raising a family there one day. But with this blog I wanted to tell you about some of my favorite things in G-Vegas...maybe you'll get the bug...

Downtown Greenville-Best downtown I've ever experienced (and I've seen New York's and LA's). Great place to hang, eat, workout, study. It's all down there. From Cleveland Park where you can run and ride to the new High Cotton where you have to take your lady for an evening meal and try the mash potatoes.

Paris Mountain- A great view of Greenville and a great place to road bike.

Spill the Beans- Best Ice-Cream you'll ever eat in Historic West End G-ville.

North Greenville University- I had to throw the alma-mater up there. I mean, I did spend 4 years of my life at this place! Great Private college...I'm glad I went...but now I'm glad I'm out!

Gusto Cycles- A Great Bike Shop located on Wade Hampton. Great guys and you can ride all over Greenville using the shop as a starting point.

The Beacon- Well, this is Spartanburg, but only about 40 minutes from Greenville. Perhaps the best restaurant in the world. If you're looking for grease and more food than you can imaging eating, you better hit up The Beacon!

Barley's- The Best (and cheapest) Pizza you can get in Greenville. Open late, always a great atmosphere, and right in the middle of downtown.

Catalyst Church- This is a remote of North Point Community Church in Atlanta, pastored by Andy Stanley. A great place to go on Sunday Morning.


So these are just a couple of things that are unique to Greenville that I loved while I was there. Soon, I know, I'll have a similar (maybe longer) list of things from the ATL. Check out the links if you want, I have a meeting with Ludacris and Bow-Wow about ownership of the Atlanta Hawks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you! I will be praying for you and thinking of you as you start this new chapter in your life! I am sure we will be seeing you up there very soon.
Love ya!
Robin

Parkison Family said...

GVegas downtown does rock! Taylors FBC is another favorite spot of mine.

Unknown said...

"Greenville! What! The Electric City!" The only question is where does Greenville rank next to Scranton, PA.