Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dream Job...

So I think I've finally gotten the hang of this blog thing...now the problem is: "Is anybody reading it?" Haha.

I wanted to fill you in on this past weekend: What a life-changing one that it was! I've been talking with the organization that I went to Africa with, Heart For Africa, for the last month. They were interested in interviewing me for an open position. Of course, if you've known me within the last 2 years you know that I have a love for Africa and want to do my part in helping that Amazing Continent.

I was definitely interested in the opportunity and put my best foot forward during the entire process. Could this be happening, could I really, maybe, possibly, be getting the job of my dreams this season?

Well the dream became a reality this past Friday. I got a phone call from the amazing Janine Maxwell, with the news that I was the newest member of this awesome organization. I will be the Partnership Co-ordinator and will help define and manage projects on the ground in Africa. Also, I will get to travel to Africa a few times a year. So to recap, because I'm on the floor right now as well! Orphans, widows, Africa, full-time job, the Lord's Will for this season in my life, being a small part of the solution for Africa...it can't get any better than this! Thank you, Lord.

Along with the other life changing events: I'm on the move. In two weeks I'll be moving to the A-T-L. Better known as Atlanta, GA. That's right, the city that I said I wanted to be my eventual home...that's where I'm going. I'm actually moving to Cumming and pumped about the new friends, new church North Point Community Church, and I guess the new start!

I'm not going to lie, I am a little anxious about the whole move and newness of everything. I love Greenville, SC and am very comfortable here...but, you gotta try something new every once in a while!

I'll miss everything here a lot though. No doubt about it. I have a funny feeling, though, that I'll be around...and that I may be back one day. Besides, Mark and I have to develop the first "Bagel Pitt" in downtown Greenville; then on to franchising!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY for the big move!
I read your bloggg :) Maybe just maybe... we'll be there in the ATL to join you sir in this wonderful gift called life! We will be praying for Christ to continue to heap blessings upon you!
Love ya!
Rob

Wendy Banner said...

Hey buddy! It's Wendy from NGC! Anyway, I've been reading... :) I just want to say congrats on your new job! I also have a huge love for Africa. I've yet to go there, but I sure would love to. I think you are amazing for letting God work through you in such a big way. Good luck on your move! Though, I moved further away...so I've got you beat! :P

Parkison Family said...

I got your message, but I am having major cell phone problems. I am so pumped about your job!!! That is so awesome and you will be so good at it! Just don't forget the little people! And MIchael Scott who inspired you!!! Hopefully I will be able to call soon!

Anonymous said...

Justin

Very cool to read about your job... I'm sure you'll love living in ATL.

Sarah and I still get up that way every few months to visit friends (she was living in Alpharetta when we met.) We'll actually be there the first couple of weekends in November and we'll probably be at one of the Northpoint campuses on Sundays... maybe we'll bump into you.