Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kevin "Bubba" Easler

Hey cuz',
I keep typing and erasing, typing and erasing...I'm still in shock about what happened this weekend. But, I think what I am trying to do is just tell you I love you and tell you how proud I am of you.

Cuz, you brought so much life to everyone around you. You were always smiling, always laughing... I can't help but smile when I think about you.

My mind is flooded with so many great memories that we had together. Remember when you fell out of the tree at Memaw's house and hit your back on the root and couldn't breathe? Ok, that wasn't great, but it was kind of funny! How about the many times Scott, you and me would crawl underneath Memaw's pool deck? The pig-pickin' at your graduation. The Lake and Beach trips. The countless hours of Nintendo. I'm even remembering crazy things...like the time (we were probably 5 or 6) you gave me a thank you card and spelled my name with a "G" instead of a "J". And, oh yeah...Harry and the Henderson's. Wasn't that your favorite movie of all time? Great times.

But, of all the memories...I keep thinking of this one where we are at Sweetwater. It's a Wednesday night service, and you are jumping up and down (all 280 lbs) singing praise to the Lord. I can't help to think how much jumping and singing you are doing right now in the presence of All-mighty God. You beat us all to it...you're "living the dream".

Cuz, you would've been so proud of your family. The theme of the weekend was Georgia. Red and white were everywhere. Also, you would have been proud of Scott. What a great man of God. He was strong, when he didn't have to be. I'm so glad he's my cousin. And, your Mom and Dad loved you cuz'...they loved you a whole lot, but you knew that. They are so proud of you. We're going to stick together as a family, cuz, no doubt about it.

Life throws out some crazy hands from time to time. We may never know why your time was up on October 7, 2007. We are grieving. But, I can't help but to think that for the first time in your life...you are LIVING. With that perfect body in the land without sin, standing next to our Lord and Savior. I'm envious.

Kevin, I love you so much and you will always and forever be in my memory. I call the lot next to yours on Golden Street.

JP

Kevin "Bubba" Easler

February 8, 1986-October 7, 2007

2 comments:

Parkison Family said...

Justin, I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for your family. What an eloquent story/letter you wrote to Kevin. God bless. On a lighter note, I am going back to visit NGU this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Its gonna be so hard to get through the holidays without him but we have to be strong!! He wouldn't want us to be sad! He was the happiest person i will ever know and he would want us to be happy that he is in a better place. Thank you for postin this!!!