Friday, January 16, 2009

Bi-Lo Marathon!

It's getting closer...in fact, it's sneaking up on me!  The Bi-Lo Marathon in Myrtle Beach, SC is only one month away.  I'm not going to lie, I am a little anxious.  My training was going great until about mid-November or so.  In fact, then I ran a great 14 mile run downtown Greenville at 8:48 min/mile.  I got done with that training run and raised my hands to God (long-distance running is so spiritual to me!)  Later that week, according to Paula Radcliffe on my iPod, I ran my fastest mile time.  The next day-I couldn't feel my foot.  Self-diagnosed Plantar Fasciitus.  There were some mornings that I couldn't even walk.  

I took about a month off and am now trying to get back in Marathon shape.  Last week was an 8.5 mile long run, today was a 12 miler.  16 and 20 over the following weeks and a taper down the two weeks before the race.

Wish me luck, it's going to be great running with friends on a flat course.  I'm super stoked. 

 I think I deserve an ice-cream sandwich!

No comments: