Sunday, August 31, 2008

I just shaved my legs

...That's right-I just shaved my legs. I now have silky smooth legs to strut around. Why did I do it, you ask? Well, I actually have been contemplating it for a long while. It's kind of a code to being a cyclist. You ride bikes=You shave your legs. And you get picked on if you don't!

So, today was the US Pro Cycling Championship Event in Greenville and I'm not going to lie, maybe I got caught up in the moment. After seeing the likes of George Hincapie, Freddie Rodriguez, and the ohhh so cool Rock Racing Team, I got the itch. The itch to take it to another level-and shave the legs.

I actually have nice looking legs underneath all of that hair. Haha. Ladies, it took me about 45 minutes and I only cut myself once. How would you rate that for a first-timer?

So, here comes the ridicule, I can see it now. I'll be at work, or with friends...it'll take a minute, but then they will realize what I did-and probably just laugh. I wonder if this falls under the whole "taking risks/not asking questions" blog I just posted!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I saw this comment online and, in support of your new leg-shaving self, thought you should read it...

"Bicyclists, bodybuilders, skaters and other athletic men all shave their legs. These days most would just ask you what activity you participate in that you started shaving them in the first place. It is sort of like tattoos and piercings. The first question most people ask is when you got your first, not why you do it in the first place."

And so shaving your legs is as trendy and self-defining as tattoos. Good to know!