Saturday, August 16, 2008

The World is FILLED with awesome people

Today I was thinking about what I wanted to post on the blog and something happened at work today that I had to write about. Now, some of this story is an assumption, but I think I assumed right!

Two men came in the store today looking for a pair of shoes for one of the men. One man was wearing a Southern Wesleyan University Safety Patrol Uniform and the other was wearing regular street clothes and old, old tattered shoes. The Safety Patrol Officer was extremely nice to the other gentleman. They began their search for shoes at the shoe wall after I measured the man's foot. It didn't take long for me to figure out that the Safety Patrol Officer, probably in his mid-20s was going to buy a pair of shoes for the other gentleman. After ease-dropping on their conversation, I figured out that the gentleman with the tattered shoes went to SWU and had a severe stuttering problem.

The assumption: This incredible mid-20 year-old saw a need in a SWU student, and met that need by buying him a pair of shoes. Now, I'm sure that the Safety Patrol Officer doesn't make a whole lot of bank working as an officer at a private college and gladly told his friend "to get whatever he wanted". The two guys walked out with a pair of shoes and 2 packs of socks for the student.

So...I want to say thank you to the Safety Officer for caring about people. For giving when he didn't have to, and for loving on people. You sir, are a true hero! Thank God for people like you!

No comments: