Thursday, July 17, 2008

I got a bike on Christmas morning...

You probably know that I love cycling. I have actually posted about it a couple of times before: here and here. I found cycling later and life; I was introduced to it by Miss Ashley Austin, to which I clowned her for liking such a crazy sport-But, quickly saw where she was coming from.

The peloton, team cars, world-wide media attention, all sucked me in. I actually began cycling myself. My first purchase was an old Specialized Allez off EBay. Not the best bike in the world by any means, but it would do. I loved that thing and literally rode it until it died-not that I rode and rode and rode it, but it was so old it finally just died.

I wanted a nice new or slightly used bike for the longest and have really been "dreaming" of one for years. Sad-I know, but I had my mind set on it and knew it had to happen eventually.

Seven months ago I even had the all Carbon Specialized Tarmac Elite on lay-a-way, but had to take it off when I moved back to Greenville.
So, I had to start over. Maybe it wasn't in the cards for me to eevveerr get a bike. But, finally...this past Tuesday, I made the purchase of my dreams. I bought the awesome Felt F-75 and couldn't be happier.



I am very thankful that the Lord provided a way for me to make this purchase. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning; I love it.

No comments: